Offering unparalleled performance and fuel economy for homeowners and landscape contractors alike, the Model 328G4 EFI features a closed-loop Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) engine that continually adjusts the fuel ratio to use less fuel, provide reliable hot and cold starts, reduce emissions and minimize fuel-induced service issues.
Features & Benefits
- B & S Vanguard Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI Engine) Engine: 810cc V-Twin Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) OHV gasoline engine with vertical crankshaft and pressure lube run cooler and provide longer service life Delphi-based closed-loop EFI engine continually adjusts fuel ratio to use less fuel and provide reliable hot and cold starts, reduced exhaust emissions and fewer fuel-related service issues Automotive-style plug-in diagnostics Facilitates faster and more precise service
- Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 Transmission: The G4 Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 transmissions are designed to provide powerful, smooth response. The heavy-duty, self-contained commercial transaxles are integrated with a cooling fan and feature 1-3/8-inch axles for longer service life. You'll also enjoy best-in-class transmission fluid change intervals after a 100-hour break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- Heavy-duty Deck: Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
- QuikAjust Tilt™ Levers: QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- QuikAjust® Drop Pin Height Adjustment: Raise and lower the deck easily with foot pedal and drop pin for precision cutting heights between 1.0 and 5.0 inches.
- Reduced Maintenance: Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95% Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance
- Rugged Construction: Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
- Ultimate Operator Station®: The deep-cushioned, deluxe Ultimate Suspension Ride™ (USR™) seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Iso-mounting eliminates vibration before it reaches the seat, and both padded seat and foldable armrests are covered in scuff-resistant, breathable CoolTemp Cordura® fabric, which dissipates heat and won't tear or crack with extended use. QuikAjust Tilt™ dual levers with 9-inch adjustment and the adjustable seat work together to provide a custom fit for operators of all sizes. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Vigilant Operator Presence System™: Standard, low profile Roll-over Protection System (ROPS) structure with an adjustable seatbelt Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
- Warranty: Commercial Use: 3-year or 1,000-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty: First two years covering parts and labor, last year covering parts only. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty: First two years covering parts and labor, last two years covering parts only.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Delphi®-based closed-loop Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) V-Twin
- Displacement: 49.4 cu. in. (810cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 13 U.S. gal. (49.2 L)
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty, cyclonic, remote-mounted engine dual cleaner with replaceable element
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Deck: DuraMax
- Mulching Package #: 504567(52), 504569(61), 504571(72)
- DuraMax® Deck Size: 52"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5cm to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-Welded Steel): Double-layered 10-gauge plus 7-gauge formed-steel laminated spindle plane 0.313 in (7.95 mm) thick- more than 25% thicker than 0.25 in. (6.35 mm) with 7-gauge skirts for geometric strength. Spindle plane is 0.9 in.(22.86 mm) thick in stress zones. Anvil-edge design with 0.5 in. (12.7 mm) reinforcement on front edge of deck.
- Blades (Tempered, Alloy Steel): 52" Deck: (3) 18 in. (45.7 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Double bearings greasable from top of deck. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter housing with 6-bolt pattern. Machined aluminum housing on 52- and 61-inch decks. Cast iron on 72-inch deck.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
Starter & Electrical System
- Battery (Maintenance-Free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
Ultimate Operator Station
- Seat: Deep-cushioned, deluxe Premium Comfort seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Seat and padded, foldable armrests are covered in scuff- and tear-resistant Cordura®.
- Suspension: InFrame™ suspension with iso-mounted seat and footrest
- Console-Mounted Instruments: Low engine oil pressure, combination electronic fuel gauge/hour meter, engine code light and parking brake warning lights, ignition and push/pull PTO switches.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Combination electronic fuel gauge/hour meter
Transmission & Steering
- Type: Heavy-duty Hydro-Gear ZT4400 hydrostatic transmissions with cooling fans, integrated transaxles with 12cc piston pumps and 16cc piston motors, gear reduction, internal disc brakes, and 1-3/8-inch axles
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Self-contained fluid and internal filtration. CoolTemp HydroMax® fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for extended service intervals after 100-hour break-in oil change.
- Speed: 0 - 10.5 mph (0 - 16.9 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Internal disc brake in transmission.
- Drive Wheels - Standard (4-Ply Rated): 52" Deck: 2412x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Drive Wheels - Optional (4-Ply Rated): 24x12.00x12 bar tread, 4-ply rated
- Front Wheels - All Models: 13x6.50x6; rib tread, pneumatic with greasable, double-sealed bearings to protect from grass wrap.
- Height (Seat Back): 49.5 in. (125.7 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 33.0 in (83.8 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 70.0 in. (177.8 cm)
- Length (MidMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 52" Deck: 84.0 in. (213.4 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 52" Deck: 65.5 in. (166.5 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 52" Deck: 53.5 in.* (135.9 cm)
- (Uncrated): 52" Deck: 1140 lbs (517.1 kg)
- Mulching Package: 52" Deck: 29 lbs. (13.2 kg)
Options & Accessories
- Down Discharge™ Mulching Package: The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ medium-lift blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the grass bed, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- PowerVac® MidMount Collection System: PowerVac™ Collection Systems deliver a clean sweep on every pass. Simply adjust your mowing speed to your conditions. Quik-D-Tatch® Vac drive can be removed in seconds without tools
- Sunshade Canopy Vinyl: Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- Custom Cordura® Weather Cover: Weather-resistant, black Cordura fabric cover with embroidered Grasshopper logo keeps seat and engine area protected during storage or between mowings. Slips over ROPS, with Velcro closure to secure the opening.
- Extended Steering Levers: Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- Wide Seat Conversion Kit: Provides additional seating room for larger operators or to accommodate cell phones or pagers. Requires seat belt extension.
- Premier Suspension Seat: Optional premier suspension seat provides the ultimate in operator comfort. Low-profile seat slides fore and aft and includes an integrated shock absorber that manually adjusts to operators between 100 - 300 lbs. Other ergonomic features include a backrest that tilts from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, a lumbar support mechanism, adjustable armrests and a retractable seat belt.
- Foldable ROPS: The Foldable ROPS allows the two-post ROPS to be lowered for mowing under low-hanging trees and other overhead obstacles, or for storing and transporting in enclosed trailers with low door clearance. CAUTION: Avoid drop-offs, embankments and steep slopes. Do not allow ROPS to provide a false pretense of security in hazardous areas and avoid questionable conditions. Always wear seatbelt when Foldable ROPS is in up-right position. When Foldable ROPS is down, DO NOT use seat belt, and drive with extra caution.
- Shielded Sprayer: Accepts 53-inch, 30-gallon shielded sprayer, which features aerodynamically designed shields and fully shielded curtains to contain chemical spray. Four-nozzle spraying chambers apply small droplets that "stick" to vegetation for more coverage per tank using less chemicals.
- 4X Rear Discharge Deck: Dedicated 48-, 52- or 61-, or 72-inch rear discharge decks throw clippings out back for a smooth cut and no windrowing.
- SpeedTrimming™ Roller Kit: The optional SpeedTrimming™ heavy-duty, anti-scalp roller kit for 52-inch and larger DuraMax® decks speeds close trimming near buildings, fences retaining walls and other landscaping features. Kits available for both left and right sides of cutting decks.
- DuraFlex™ Suspension Forks: Optional DuraFlex™ Suspension Forks absorb the impacts of rough terrain to maintain a level cut, and can be set for use with PowerVac™ collectors.
- Bar-Tread Low-Pressure Tires: Optional low-pressure, high-flotation bar-tread tires are available for 61- and 72-inch models that flex with the terrain for maximum traction and minimize scuffing caused by wheel spin-out.
- Sunshade Canopy Aluminum: Diamond-plated aluminum canopy is highly resistant to abrasions. Easily mounts to ROPS to increase operator comfort by limiting exposure to direct sunlight and reducing eye strain.
- Side Discharge Control Kit: Control the discharge of the mower deck to avoid putting clippings in flower beds and on sidewalks
- Michelin® X® Tweel® Airless Turf Tire: Optional 24x12.00x12 turf-tread drive tire for MidMount™ models equipped with 61- or 72-inch decks, performs like a pneumatic tire but without the inconvenience and downtime associated with flat tires. Provides consistent hub height to ensure the mower deck produces an even cut and excellent lateral stability and outstanding operator comfort. Not for use with PowerVac Collection Systems.
- Michelin® X® Tweel® Airless Front Caster Tire: Smooth tread, 13x6.50x6 caster wheel. Performs like a pneumatic tire, but without the inconvenience and downtime associated with flats. Not for use with PowerVac Collection Systems, or with DuraFlex Suspension Forks.
*Models may be shown with optional equipment. Applicable freight, set-up and taxes not included in "Starting At" MSRP. Options and accessories extra. Prices subject to change without notice.See local dealer for complete pricing and available offers